Openings with All Times Publishing, LLC:
Outside Sales Representative, Syracuse New Times & Family Times Magazine
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Display Ad Sales – calling on potential advertisers to secure sales in the display ad sections of the Syracuse New Times and Family Times publications and other special sections, communicate with and maintain existing relationships with current advertisers, follow up in a timely fashion on sales leads, develop new leads and cold call potential new customers, assist the Accounts Receivable Dept. with collections of outstanding payables, participate in marketing efforts using Social Media/Website resources
- Ad Order Entry – work with the Creative Services department to develop effective ads for customers, create spec ads as needed, and ensure quality and timeliness of advertising development and placement
- Promotions – represent the company at certain events in the community (including after working hours)
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Good social skills, works easily with people both in person and on the phone
- Works well with a team
- Ability to use our Pre1 web-based software to manage an account base
- Good time and territory management skills
- Computer/Internet/Social Media skills
- Self-motivated, works well under pressure
- Drivers License and clean driving record
Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com.
The Syracuse New Times regularly invites Editorial Interns to join our close-knit staff. The outlet has a focus on community journalism and seeks an intern with a passion for storytelling and exploring all things hyper-local.
The intern should be prepared to come to the office with a critical and creative mind, ready to tell the stories often missed in the daily-news drudge. Assignments could include such things as covering live music shows, the outcome of a big sports match, local politics, profiling new retailers or other community news assignments.
Interns will be presented with complimentary SNT-brand attire from Spinnaker Custom Products at the beginning of their employment, and will receive a monetary gift certificate at the completion of the internship.
- Produce one to two stories per week for our print publication
- Complete assigned stories and pitch own ideas in a timely fashion
- Be a company brand ambassador when out in the field
- Assist in the weekly story planning process
- Assist in managing and compiling the online events calendar
- Junior or senior college student studying journalism or public communications; or have demonstrated equivalent journalism reporting experience
- Can work remotely if needed; up for discussion
This is an unpaid, for-credit internship but could lead to paid freelance/part-time/full-time opportunities.
To apply, email a cover letter, writing samples, resume and list of references to Kira Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and the position is filled on a seasonal basis.
This page is available to subscribers. Click here to sign in or get access.