Every Sunday, we tally our analytics to give you the Top 5 most read stories of the week on Syracusenewtimes.com.
Click on the titles or photos below to read the full story:
#5) The Sweetest Time of Year
March 21-22 and March 28-29 are the annual Maple Weekends, hosted by the New York State Maple Producers Association and its members.
#4) Salt City Hip-Hop: Back in the Day
Hip-hop has deep roots in Syracuse. Dr. Emad Rahim joins the Syracuse New Times as we expand our music coverage into the world of Hip-Hop.
#3) Life’s a Switch in Monster Musical Jekyll & Hyde
Theater critic James MacKillop reviews Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical at Baldwinsville Theatre Guild.
#2) 1954 – V Formation of UFOs
Who knew that on a lazy summer’s evening in 1954, a Long Island family would witness the V Formation of UFOs.
#1) The Last Picture Show
Entertainment analyst Bill DeLapp bids farewell to Cinefest, which fades to black after a 35-year run.
How would you re-imagine the state fairgrounds? (waer.org)
- Just be sure to keep the funnel cakes, live animal surgery and deep-fried candy bars.
Syracuse cop accused of 4 sexual encounters with 2 women after calls for help (syracuse.com)
- Is this what’s meant by improving community relations?
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers puts Oswego Harbor on wrong lake (syracuse.com)
- At least they got the hemisphere right.
Boeheim now part of the ‘decaying past’ of Syracuse, SU alum says (commentary) (syracuse.com)
- How quickly the mighty have fallen.
Syracuse NCAA investigation: Chancellor Kent Syverud to discuss academic integrity with faculty (syracuse.com)
- Better late than never.
New York should forget controlling the Manlius swans and focus on geese (Your letters) (syracuse.com)
- Honk if you love waterfowl.
Why hasn’t Syracuse athletic director Daryl Gross been fired? Let’s examine the question (syracuse.com)
- Examine the question all you want; this might never be answered to anyone’s satisfaction.
Report: NY AG criminal investigation of Thruway includes possible prostitution scandal (syracuse.com)
- Someone’s finally found a way to make the Thruway less boring.
‘The Voice’: Adam Levine decides Fulton singer Josh Batstone’s fate (syracuse.com)
- It’s just a TV show, but it sure sounds ominous.