The Syracuse New Times is dedicated to providing a platform that actively engages our community in discussions on our articles, stories and blog posts.
At this time, we have opted to test the “Facebook comment” feature on our website. Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them; they are not reflective of the views or opinions of the Syracuse New Times, its advertisers, management or employees. This also makes it easier for you to share content that is important to you via Facebook.
All users of Facebook have the right to post comments and remove unwanted content posted by others on their page, and we reserve the right to moderate comments and remove comments, including:
- Personal attacks
- Comments that vilify any person, or inciting hatred or violence, or likely to insult, offend or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability
- Comments containing expletives, or images or videos containing nudity, sexual acts or excessive violence
- Comments that are defamatory, obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise unlawful
- Misrepresenting our content
- Advertising or spam
- Comments that are false, misleading or deceptive
- Comments that are completely off topic or repetitive content
- Linking to unrelated personal blogs or websites. Links to other news stories or websites relevant to the discussion will be allowed
- Promotion of particular services, products, or political organizations
Users who repeatedly breach this policy will be blocked.
If you have any concerns about content posted on this page, please contact email@example.com