POINTS OF REFERENCE is a music news blog for people with actual lives and/or short attention spans: a weekly selection of topical, pop music talking points fit for bars and break rooms. It’s divided into three sections: NEWS (duh), ALBUM RELEASES (once more with feeling), and STUFF AND THINGS (random, music-related crap from the internet). So, I’m all finished up here. Scroll down, won’t you?
- Coachella released its 2014 lineup.
- Guitarists Warren Hayes and Derek Trucks are leaving the Allman Brothers Band.
- Alex Trebek pities sucka MCs.
- Phil Everly passed away at 74.
- Rick Ross emerged from an alternate reality devoid of LMFAO and “Party Rock Anthem.”
- Surprise! Kanye West isn’t cool with Coinye West.
- Apparently, Bright Eyes frontman Conor Oberst auditioned for the lead role in the Coen brothers’ hit film “Inside Llewyn Davis.”
ALBUM RELEASES, JAN. 7:
Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, “Wig Out at Jagbags” (Matador).
Various Artists, “And I’ll Scratch Yours” (Capitol).
STUFF & THINGS: