Floral prints were a trend that kept sprouting on the runways this year. Designers such as Balmain and Ralph Lauren were not shy in making the runways of fashion week their own couture garden. Dresses, skirts, pants and blouses stylishly sprung multicolored floral arrangements. Floral puns aside, the trend managed to reach numerous designers, and more importantly, designers who aren’t charging $100 per flower have adopted the fun textile. Here are five floral pieces you’ll want to have this spring.
1. Floral dress with full skirt: Priced at $76.30, this dress by designer Love takes the innocence of the floral and adds a bit of edge with lace inserts. Its full skirt makes the piece fun and flirty; you can dress it up with a wedge or strappy sandal, or dress it down with woven flats.
2. The skater skirt: At $27.13, this ASOS skirt gives floral a fit and flare style. The mini skirt is a statement piece that can be paired with just about anything. Give it a '60s mod vibe by throwing on a pair of booties or make it sporty with a pair of Keds.
3. The pant: At $59, these pants are guaranteed to liven up any outfit. The Lucca Couture floral skinny pant is a soft yet bold ode to the floral print. Its light hues don’t overwhelm the flowery mural on the pant. Wear these on a night out with a pointed toe heel or take a walk in the park with a flat sandal. Find these pants at any Urban Outfitters.
4. The tee: Don’t want your floral piece to distract from your awesome personality, try this light tee on for size. At $11.80 this rosebud tee by Forever 21 gives just enough floral. Its lightweight feel goes perfectly with a pair of skinny jeans or cut off denim shorts.
5. The sunglasses: See the world through floral with these shades. At $5.80, these Forever 21 Wayfarer sunglasses are the perfect spring accessory.