Any special exhibition brings with it special events, and Wedded Perfection is no exception. Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute presents lectures, guest speakers, guided tours and a film series to underscore the main attraction. Among them:
• Looking for Jackie: American Fashion Icons. Aug. 23, 7 p.m. Museum consultant and author Kathleen Craughwell-Varda gives a lecture and book signing. Free.
• Film Series. Aug. 4, 11, 18 and 25, 7:30 p.m. Enjoy classic romantic movies selected especially for the exhibition: The Romantics (Aug. 4), The Princess Bride (Aug. 11), The Wedding Banquet (Aug. 18) and Margot at the Wedding (Aug. 25). A 5:30 p.m. dinner is a nice add-on. The film-only price is $8; dinner and movie cost $25.
• Afternoon Tea and Guided Tour. Aug. 17, tours: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; tea: noon to 1 p.m. Includes admission to the exhibit. $25.50 for the tour and tea, $17.50 for the tea only.
• Guided Tours. Aug. 14 and Sept. 11, 2 p.m. Registration is requested, but not required. Free with admission into the show.
• An Afternoon with Randy Fenoli. Aug. 21, 1 p.m. You know him as the fixer on Say Yes to the Dress, the gown consultant who seems to have all the right answers to find a bride her perfect gown. He will discuss wedding dresses and critique those from area boutiques. $35. Call 797-0055 to purchase.
For a full schedule, visit www.mwpai.org.