Rhyme and Riesling: Celebrate May in the Finger Lakes with a plethora of Riesling-based special events and tastings. MICHAEL DAVIS
• Rooster Hill Vineyards, 489
Route 54, Penn Yan (536-4773; www.roosterhill.com), offers free
shipping on orders of at least six bottles of Estate Semi Dry Riesling
2007, wine-with-food pairings in the tasting room and weekend samples.
• Heron Hill Winery, 9301 County
Route 76, Hammondsport ((800) 441-4241; www.heronhill.com), offers free
shipping on six or more bottles of its award-winner Rieslings, and you
can mix and match.
• Dr. Konstantin Frank’s Vinifera Wine Cellar,
9749 Middle Road, Hammondsport, presents “20 Years of Riesling,”
Sunday, May 31, 2 p.m. The vertical testing from three decades of
award-winning Rieslings costs $30 per person, $50 per couple;
reservations are required. Call (607) 868-4884 or e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org for available times.
• At Hunt Country Vineyards, 4021
Italy Hill Road, Branchport (800) 946-3289;
www.huntcountryvineyards.com), you can sample a vertical tasting of
Rieslings paired with cheese throughout the month.
• Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, 16
N. Franklin St., Watkins Glen ((607) 535-6116), hosts two evening
tastings of Rieslings from Wagner Vineyards, Glenora Wine Cellars and
Knapp Vineyards. Friday, May 22 and 29, 6:30 p.m. Free.
• Casa Larga, 2287 Turk Road,
Fairport ((585) 223-4210; www.casalarga.com), holds a Memorial Day
Picnic at the Vineyard, Saturday, May 23 and Sunday, May 24. The event
• On Seneca Lake, Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars, 9224 Route 14, Lodi ((607) 582-6011; www.lamoreauxwine.com), holds Riesling in the Cellars, a Saturday, May 30, tasting of four vintages paired with cheese from Lively Run. Admission is $10.
There are many more events celebrating
spring in Finger Lakes wine country. For a full list of Riesling month
events, visit www.rieslingrocks.com.