Joe Driscoll is a man of immense talent and passion. This Syracuse-born musician has taken the world stage by storm; accumulating a global fan base that ardently adores him and his music. Nowhere is that love of Joe Driscoll more evident than with his fans back home in good ol’ Syracuse, NY. Joe is reciprocating that affection by playing a show at the Westcott Theater, this Friday, August 22, with collaborator, Sekou Kouyate, and bandmates James Breen (percussion) and John Railton (bass).
I ask you this Syracuse fans: you say you know and love him but, how much do you really know about him?
Driscoll took some time out of his hectic touring schedule to share with you the things he loves and most of all, his civic pride and love of his hometown, “the ‘Cuse”.
Facts about Joe Driscoll you’ve always wanted to know…
- His favorite color is dark green
- His favorite smell is Nag Champa
- Favorite sound: the G Chord
- Favorite taste: ripe strawberries
- His favorite feeling is “rockin’ out a big crowd”
- Favorite animal: the monkey
- Favorite time of the day: 7:30pm
- Favorite day of the week: Tuesday
- His favorite month is April. (It’s also the month of his birthday, April 12)
- His favorite season is autumn in New York
- Favorite holiday is St. Joseph’s Day (Because his mom has cannoli for him)
- His favorite childhood memory: listening to The Beatles
- Favorite memory from his current tour: playing a castle in Spain
- His favorite physical activity is riding his bike
- Favorite sexual position: the crouching soldier
- The first thing he must do when he comes back to Syracuse: visit the super Wegman’s in Dewitt
- His favorite savory dish to eat in Syracuse: a catfish burrito or calamari at Alto Cinco (Joe’s percussionist, Jimbo Breen declares emphatically that Alto Cinco is now his favorite place in Syracuse as well)
- His favorite sweet treat in Syracuse: the Bobby Sands mint chocolate chip shake at Strong Hearts
- What he misses most about Syracuse when he is away: being with family
- His favorite thing about Syracuse is the spirit of the people who live here and the civic pride they have for the region
- He wants the world to know that Syracuse is an amazingly diverse environment in all ways, be it the mix of urban and nature, or the mix of kids and people from different cultures. Driscoll feels it truly is a special and unique experience to reach out and broaden your world view with fortune of this diversity being in your own backyard.
Now that you are in the know, there is one more fact you ought to learn about Joe Driscoll: Through all his travels and adventures, he is still the same grounded, kind and generous person he has always been, and loves us as much as we love him.
To continue the love fest, make sure you check out Joe, Sekou, James and John this Friday, August 22. Doors open at 8pm and the show opens at 9pm with Sophistafunk at 9pm. For tickets or more information, see the Westcott Theater website.
Go HERE for free Joe Driscoll music downloads.
Upcoming Tour Dates
Aug 22, Syracuse NY, Westcott Theater
Aug 23 Waitsfield VT, Vermont Music Fest
Sept 6 Bradford-On-Avon, United Kingdom