One-day, educational self-guided walking tour of sustainable measures taken by CNY residences, businesses, organizations and municipalities. Visit 20 stations (come get your Sustainability Passport!) and learn about “real-world” examples of sustainable living:
- LEED‐certified construction of low‐income homes and sustainable community‐design
- Residential composting and food production
- Energy efficiency improvements in homes
- Alternative transportation methods
- Public art projects and community engagement
- Reuse of existing infrastructure
- Stormwater management and water efficiency
The event will also feature two film screenings at the Westcott Community Center: Comfort Zone (11:30 AM — followed by a Q&A with the filmmakers) and Chasing Ice (3:30 PM).
The architect of the LEED-Platinum VanKeuren Square building will lead guided tours at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm.
The event is family‐friendly, including raffle prizes and children’s activities.
Parking will be available at the Erwin First United Methodist Church at 920 Euclid Ave, and at the new, LEED-designed VanKeuren Square building at 2223 E. Genesee Street. The stations will be open from noon to 4 pm.
In case of inclement weather, the event will be held in the Westcott Community Center and
Erwin First Methodist Church.
The event is free and open to the public; however, donations are recommended to further
For more information, please visit www.greeningusa.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.